Textbook Rental Agreement
Rental returns for Spring semester 2020 will be handled as follows:
For those living in the Twin Cities metro area (Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin Ramsey, Scott, and Washington counties):
A drop box will be available beginning May 15th and will be located at the turnaround outside the Anderson Student Center off of Cretin Avenue. To prevent damage, please ensure that your book(s) are secured in a box, bag, or envelope before placing in the drop box. You can also mail your books to the following address:
University of St. Thomas Campus Stores
Attn: Rental Returns
2115 Summit Ave
St. Paul, MN 55105
For those living outside the Twin Cities metro area:
Pre-paid FedEx labels will be e-mailed to you the week of May 8th. Please securely box your rental books to prevent damage during shipping.
In order to properly identify and check in books, each book must contain the Student Name and Student ID# of the person who rented the book.
All books will be evaluated by the Campus Store; damaged books will not be credited. (Damage includes, but is not limited to: water or other liquid stains, mildew, torn or missing covers, missing pages or pages that are falling out).
Books must be received by June 19, 2020
Any books not returned to the Campus Store by this date will result in your student account being charged the difference between the rental price and the purchase price for each book.
The Textbook Rental Program provides students currently enrolled at the University of St. Thomas the opportunity to rent selected textbooks for the current academic semester. In consideration of this opportunity, I hereby agree that I have read, fully understand, accept, and abide by the following terms and conditions:
- I understand that the book(s) rented by me are the property of the University of St. Thomas Campus Stores and accept the terms of the Textbook Rental Program. I accept the responsibility to use the book(s) I rent and return them in saleable condition. The book(s) must not be damaged, missing content, water stained, or have excess writing.
- I understand that the rental book(s) must be returned, no later than the last day of the semester, to the University of St. Thomas Campus Store location from which it was rented. It is my responsibility to return the book(s) that I have rented or I will be charged the difference in purchase price versus the rental price plus $10 per book to my student account.
- I understand that the books must be returned to the University of St. Thomas Campus Stores no later than the last business day of textbook buyback for the current semester. The books must not be damaged, missing content, stained or in unusable condition.
- I understand and agree that the University of St. Thomas Campus Stores will have the sole discretion to evaluate and determine the condition of the books upon their return.
- I understand that rental textbooks are the intellectual property of the author(s) and are copyrighted by the author(s) or publishers. Textbook rentals are not to be reproduced.